Monday, November 2, 2015

Why It Had to Be Two

I thought that I would start my first post with an explanation of my "It Had to Be Two" title. The quick explanation is that I am a mother of fraternal boy and girl twins.

Winry and Henry, One Day Old, October 2014

The longer explanation is that Mother of Twins (as an alternative to Mother of Dragons--because, yes, I love me some Game of Thrones) was taken. I suppose Mother of Triplets would be a more appropriate reference since Daenerys has three dragons. So really, it's better this way.

Mother of Dragons by Yama Orce, digital art, yamaorce.deviantart.com

After cursing the blogger who stole this name and then realizing it was unlikely to be available with or without Game of Thrones, I remembered a song parody that I was going to try to make for my children. During their infancy, I sang them whatever calm, melodic song that would pop into my head, including "It Had to Be You." Obviously, you then change the last word to Two, and the title is explained.

Have I made the parody yet? No. Will I post it when I finally do? Yes.



And on one final note, "It Had to Be You" has been sung by many a great artist including Frank Sinatra, Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald with Louis Armstrong, but the singer I associate most with this song is Marla Hooch because I also love me some League of Their Own.

No comments:

Post a Comment